Birdiana Reviewing Book The Hooked (Never After Series) by Emily McIntyre

 Reviewing Books





The Hooked (Never After Series) by Emily McIntyre 

If you're into dark romance with unexpected twists, this book series is for you. I discovered it through TikTok, where it had many positive reviews, so I decided to give it a try. Once I finished the first book, I found myself really enjoying Emily McIntire's writing style. It’s incredibly easy to get “hooked,” and before I knew it, I had finished the book within three days; I simply couldn’t put it down. The book features short, quick chapters, which is a bonus for readers who prefer a fast-paced read. I personally don't like quick chapters I like to get to know my characters but I didn't realize they were short until I fished it fast.

However, the character development was minimal, making the characters feel flat and one-dimensional, similar to watching a movie rather than reading deeply which does. The experience was similar like watching a movie rather than diving deeply into the characters personality. If you’re looking for richer character connections, deeper emotional engagement, and more world-building, this series might not meet your expectations. James, the male main character, was powerful and intriguing, but Wendy, the female main character, lacked a distinctive personality. She felt rather one-dimensional, which I personally didn’t find appealing, though it wasn’t a major issue for the story. The book is full of plot twists were intense and surprising, filled with dramatic turns that kept me guessing, the revelations at the end will leave you shocked. However, (spoiler alert) one twist involving Jon and James being somewhat related felt quite odd and out of place. 

Despite this, the book has a satisfying ending, allowing you to feel like a distant observer, happy for the characters resolutions. Overall, the book was enjoyable and kept me engaged throughout. I do recommend it to fans of dark romance. I’m eagerly looking forward to the next book Scarred in the series! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reviewing Book Scarred (Never After Series) by Emily McIntyre

Reviewing Book Wretched: (Never After Series) by Emily McIntyre