Reviewing Book Wretched: (Never After Series) by Emily McIntyre


Reviewing



This book is part of the Never After series, but is still a standalone and can be read without reading the prior books. I do however, highly suggest checking the trigger warnings before reading just in case.


Honestly just wow! The amount of love I have for Eveline is out of this world. Nick is undercover. She’s the unknown target. They are both twisted and broken. Can these unlikely duo heal and mend each others wounds and find love? Can they forgive lie after lie? “Oh Pretty Girl… I’ll be whatever you want me to be.” It is dual POVs of the main characters as well and has some great tropes like, enemies to lovers and a forbidden romance.



Firstly, I was so excited that we’re were getting the story of a female villain, she was everything I could ask for and more! She is bada$$, smart, strong, a little funny and just perfection. The amount of layers she has to peel back was so enjoyable. Her and Nicholas together were everything. Intense physical attraction, but emotionally and mentally Evie is the opposite of everything Nicholas stands against. Something about their connection just can’t keep them apart. I loved every bit of their relationship! Especially the banter and jabs-special shout out the the spice in this book, we get some early and often and these two put their connection to good use!

I love watching them just melt for each other and open up as time went on. Nicolas was so great, seeing his true self come out when he was with Evie and he learn a lot about himself when with her. The book is dual POVs of the main characters as well and has some great tropes like, enemies to lovers and a forbidden romance. The story while fast paced was still quite underdeveloped. There were several plot points not fully explored and just brushed upon. I will say though, the mafia and law enforcement aspect was quite entertaining.




This was a great darker romance (see author’s note if needed), enemies to lovers steam filled book!! I loved that it had a twist I didn’t see coming, and I even got a little emotional a couple of times! Plus, the little bits of the Wizard of Oz story this writer included added the perfect touch! I think this has been the best book so far of the series, but again, check your trigger warnings. I would recommend this book to anyone who liked Haunting Adeline for the spicy scenes and the other Never After Series. I do wish there would have been just one more spice scene but I’m overall very pleased with the story and ending.



SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!

 

 I also appreciated the twist at the end. I was not expecting that one at all. I was so caught up in trying to figure out how Eveline was going to forgive Nick that I missed the red flags for the twist.


“Oh Pretty Girl… I’ll be whatever you want me to be.”


The only thing I didn’t really like was in the first half of the book how it was hard to believe that Nick would keep making the same mistake. Especially with his history. He seemed to cave in way too easily.

This has been the best book so far of the series, but again, check your trigger warnings. I would recommend this book to anyone who liked Haunting Adeline for the spicy scenes and the other Never After Series. I do wish there would have been just one more spice scene but I’m overall very pleased with the story and ending.





\


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Birdiana Reviewing Book The Hooked (Never After Series) by Emily McIntyre

Reviewing Book Scarred (Never After Series) by Emily McIntyre